Thursday, November 6, 2008

Library Wikis

So, I spent a little while checking out some library wikis and found them somewhat helpful, but containing mostly information that can be found fairly easily using the reference resources on our own website. I did find, however, one thing I think can be applied to our organization and that's creating a wiki, linked through our main website, where customers can submit reviews of the books they have read. For instance, if a customer is looking for a item on our website, a customer could see a link to the wiki in the item screen where they could find other customers' opinions of it, which could help them decide whether or not they wish to check the item out. Just a thought.

1 comment:

DOXIEMOXIE said...

I like the way you apply a technology to possible library uses. I wouldn't have thought of that.